The Community Assessment begins by conducting focus groups throughout Grant County to learn the specific needs of each community. Look below for when we will be visiting your community. Focus groups are one hour in length and limited to 15 people. All participants will be compensated for their time. All issues raised in the focus groups will be confidential, and participants' identities will be kept secret. Read about the outcomes of the focus groups on our Highlights page.
- Cliff-Gila - Thursday, Feb. 2 at 6 p.m. at the HMS Cliff-Gila Clinic, 415 Hwy 211.
- Hachita - Monday, Feb. 6 at 1 p.m. at the Community Center, Railroad Ave. and 4th St.
- Hurley - Tuesday, Feb. 7 at 6 p.m. at the Hurley Community Center, 302 Carrasco Ave.
- Mimbres - Wednesday. Feb. 8 at 6 p.m. at the Round Up Lodge, Acklin Hill Rd.
- Silver City - Thursday, Feb. 9 at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. at the Silver City Public Library's Community Room, 515 W. College Ave. Spanish at 5 p.m. and English at 6 p.m.
- Tyrone - Monday, Feb. 13 at 6 p.m. at the Tyrone Community Hall, 50 Malachite Pl.
- Bayard - Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 6 p.m. at the Bayard Community Center, 290 Hurley Ave., Spanish and English groups at 6 p.m.
- DAYTIME - Silver City - Thursday, Feb. 16 @ 1 p.m. in the Silver City Public Library's Community Room, 515 W. College Ave.
- Santa Clara - Thursday, Feb. 16 at 6 p.m. in the Santa Clara Town Hall, 105 Bayard St.
Next, the Health Council takes the information from the focus groups to update and refine the community survey. The survey will be available on-line and in print, with English and Spanish versions, to enable as many community members as possible to participate.
The Community Survey 2012 kicks off at the Tour of the Gila in May. Surveys will be available at a variety of community events throughout the summer and fall.
For more information on the community assessment call Tiffany Knauf at (575) 388-1198 ext. 22.
Last Updated on Monday, 25 November 2013 17:25