Grant County Forum
The Grant County Community Health Council is pleased to announce their First Annual Forum: Update Grant County, to take place on Friday, July 16, 2004 from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at WNMU's Global Resource Center.
According to Sam Redford, Health Council co chair, "The forum is the Health Council's way of keeping Grant County updated on issues that we feel are particularly relevant to residents, and it is our chance to receive input from the community. It gives the citizens of Grant County a chance to tell us what is on their minds."
The Forum is free, but seating is limited; so registration is required to reserve your seat.
Please review the Forum agenda below and take note that Patricia Montoya, Secretary of the Department of Health, and Mary-Dale Bolson, Secretary of Children, Youth and Families Department, will be joining us as our luncheon speakers.
A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided to attendees.
Grant County Community Health Council's FIRST ANNUAL FORUM
"2004 Update on Grant County - A Great Place to Live!"
Date: Friday, July 16, 2004
Location: WNMU Global Resource Center
SPONSORED BY: Gila Regional Medical Center, Hamilton Construction, Phelps Dodge, AmBank, Border Area Mental Health Services, Gila Multispecialty Independent Physicians Association, Hidalgo Medical Services, The Town of Silver City, Wells Fargo Bank, Western Bank, State Farm Insurance, Redford Associates, Silver City Police Officers Association,
- 7:30am-8:00am: Continental Breakfast
- 8:00am-8:15am Welcome and Introductions
- Tony Trujillo, GCCHC Member (Mining Sector), Director, Government Relations (Phelps Dodge Mining Co.)
- 8:15am-9:00am Status of Local Governments
- Tony Trujillo - Moderator, GCCHC Member (Mining Sector) Director, Government Relations (Phelps Dodge Mining Co.)
- Speakers: Henry Torres, Chair of Grant County Commission Terry Fortenberry, Mayor, Silver City Joan Atencio, Mayor, Santa Clara, Rudy Martinez, Mayor, Bayard, Dave Diaz, Mayor, Hurley
- 9:00am-9:45am Grant County's Economic Development
- Joe Casey - Moderator, GCCHC Member (Financial Interests Sector)President of AmBank
- Speakers: Judy Ward, SIGRED
- Cissy McAndrew, Silver City/Grant County Chamber of Commerce
- Frank Milan, Main Street Project
- Joan Atencio, Mayor, Santa Clara
- 9:45am-10:00am Break
- 10:00am-10:45am Grant County's Health
- Dr. Don Johnson - Moderator, GCCHC Member (Physicians Sector), Gila Pediatrics (GMIPA Secretary/Treasurer)
- Speakers: Kathleen Hunt, CEO, Border Area Mental Health
- Mary Stoecker, Department of Health
- John Rossfeld, CEO, Gila Regional Medical Center
- Charlie Alfero, CEO, Hidalgo Medical Services
- 10:45am-11:30am Grant County's Education and Training
- Sam Redford - Moderator, GCCHC Co-Chair (Small Business Sector), Partner Redford Associates
- Speakers: Dr. John Counts, WNMU
- Dick Pool, Superintendent Silver Schools
- Dr. Candelario Jauregui, Superintendent Cobre Schools
- Jerry Kleopel, Workforce Investment Representative
- 11:30am-12:15am Grant County's Law Enforcement and Judicial System
- Gary Stailey - Moderator, GCCHC Member (New Mexico Dept. of Child, Youth, & Families Sector), Chief Probation & Parole
- Speakers: Sheriff Raul "Bully" Holquin
- Judge Ron Hall, Judicial System
- Mary Lynne Newell, District Attorney
- 12:15am-1:30pm Lunch
- Tony Trujillo - Moderator, GCCHC Member (Mining Sector), Director, Government Relations (PDMC)
- Luncheon Speakers: Patricia Montoya, Cabinet Secretary of the Department of Health and Mary-Dale Bolson, Cabinet Secretary of the Children, Youth and Families Department
Last Updated on Monday, 25 November 2013 17:46